Журнальный клуб Интелрос » Лабиринт » №1, 2021

М.Ю. Немцев
Семь фрагментов о гуманитарной географии, путешествиях и краеведении

М.Ю. Немцев
Московская высшая школа
социально-экономических наук,
Москва, Россия,
nemtsev.m@gmail.com

Это эссе представляет собой рассуждение о роли путешествий в гуманитарногеографических исследованиях, а также опыт понимания методологического подхода географа В. Л. Каганского. «Путешествие» рассматривается как особый метод исследования, специфичный для гуманитарной географии. Особенностями такого путешествия является исследовательское внимание к повседневности, облегчаемое самим пространственным перемещением, и работа с текстами, осознанная текстуализация культурного ландшафта. Гуманитарное географическое путешествие противопоставляется «туризму». В заключение рассматривается краеведение как особая познавательная деятельность. Она также предполагает теоретически нагруженные путешествия и поэтому родственна гуманитарному краеведению как исследовательской практике.

SEVEN FRAGMENTS ABOUT HUMANITARIAN GEOGRAPHY,
TRAVELING AND KRAEVEDENIE (AN ESSAY)

M. Yu. Nemtsev
Moscow School for Social
and Economic Sciences,
Moscow, Russia,
nemtsev.m@gmail.com

In this essay I discuss “traveling’ as a particular research practice unavoidable in studies in humanitarian geography. I follow methodological approach of Russian geographer and traveler Vladimir Kagansky. Taken as a research method, “traveling” gives a possibility to inquiry everyday life of people living in a certain landscape and transforming it by their everyday activity (or, borrowing a special philosophical term from Russian language, we would better call it deyatelnost’). This humanized landscape is defined as ‘cultural landscape’ in which human mind is embedded in form of traces and remnants of these activities. It is the task of a traveler to reconstruct the state of their minds while physically traveling though the ‘cultural landscape’. This manner of traveling is juxtaposed to ‘tourism’, be it leisure of sport activity, but is technically similar to travels being made by those who study their region (I use the special Russian word ‘kraevedenie’ to indicate these syncretic study). As specific features of a travel, I identify (1) exploratory attention to everyday life, facilitated by the spatial movement itself, and (2) hermeneutical approach to the landscape that has similarities with reading texts. Yet, the conscious textualization of the cultural landscape doe not make traveling a sort of ‘reading’, for landscape cannot be fully perceived as a ‘text’. Humanitarian geography is also briefly compared to critical geography as it is know in the English-speaking academia.

Архив журнала
№4, 2020№3, 2020№1, 2021№5, 2016№3-4, 2016№1-2, 2016№4, 2015№2, 2015№1, 2015№6, 2014№5, 2014№4, 2014№3, 2014№2, 2014№1, 2014№6, 2013№5, 2013№4, 2013№3, 2013№2, 2013№1, 2013№5, 2012№4, 2012№3, 2012№2, 2012№1, 2012
Поддержите нас
Журналы клуба